The bestselling dog training manual that will give you the perfect family pet—from the author of Water Dog.
This time-proven guide by legendary trainer Richard A. Wolters offers a step-by-step method for completely training your dog, regardless of breed or age—in just sixteen weeks. Whether you’re six or sixty, you can learn to train your dog quickly and effectively—taking only minutes a day.
In Family Dog, you’ll discover:
• How to choose the right dog for your family and lifestyle
• The fundamentals of training—from housebreaking to basic commands to teaching tricks
• The key to your dog's healthy mental development
• The benefits of play and relaxation
• How to guide your dog through his first critical growth periods
• Talking with your dog—it's not what you say but how you say it
• Children and dogs—learning to take responsibility
• Tips on grooming
• The best dog diet in the world
• First-aid and medical advice
• And much more...
Fully illustrated with more than 200 photographs that take you systematically through every phase of training, Family Dog will take the frustration out of dog training to give you the pet you’ve always wanted.